Today I skipped the Oats and yogurt and had toast, peanut butter and banana.
I really felt like a simple carb and ‘toast’ was how I was going to get it.
Because I had a different breakfast I realised I was going to miss out on my Chia Seed for today.
There is no way I can miss out on Chia, there are far too many benefits to miss out on! In the list below Jess Ainscough will tell you why…
Here are a heap of reasons to eat chia:
1. Chia is gluten free
2. It is super high in dietary fibre, making it great for digestion and healing digestion issues.
3. It contains 20% Omega 3 ALA, making it a super food for the brain and heart. Chia has eight times more Omega 3 than salmon!
4. It boasts 20% protein
5. The protein is a complete protein with all 8 essential amino acids
6. It is high in antioxidants (It has a four times higher ORAC value than blueberries)
7. Chia contains five times more calcium than milk
8. Chia contains seven times more vitamin C than oranges
9. It contains three times more iron than spinach
10. It contains twice the potassium content of banana
11. It is food for healthy skin, hair and nails
12. It has a positive impact balancing blood glucose levels (making it awesome for diabetics)
13. Chia makes a great egg replacement. Just combine with water to form a gel, and add it to recipes that call for egg.
HOW MUCH CHIA SHOULD WE EAT?
Nutritionists recommend that 15g/0.53oz (one tablespoon) of chia is consumed each day. Be sure to drink plenty of water as chia is very high in fiber.
– Jess Ainscough The Wellness Warrior – 13 Awesome Reasons to eat Chia Seeds everyday
I wasn’t going to miss out on all of the good stuff so I thought of a different delivery of Chia – WATER – I know what you are thinking… are you crazy? It will be ICK!
Believe it or not, It wasn’t as bad as I thought it would be, it was quick and painless and was over in seconds!
Looks pretty gross huh! But I guess the awkward delivery of the Chia seed is totally worth the benefits of them.
First time I have tried them this way. I will never go a day without them because I have found that my mood is changed by not having them. There is a noticeable difference!
In Other news…
Took my new New Balance Road Runners for a spin today. They felt amazing! A little awkward at first because all the fresh padding hadn’t yet got my foot groove indentation, but no pain, no blisters (yet) and a nice easy comfy run! Gosh I have a Crush on Running!
The test will be on my next Long Run, which I have planned for tomorrow, I don’t know if this is pushing it in the new shoes, but I kind of have to wear them seeing as the others do worse for me.
Tonight I am out for Dinner with the hubby, and I plan not to have a lot of alcoholic beveys. This is not a promise though! I have eaten quite well this week so I think I have allowed myself a treat out!
How about you? How have you Pimped the Beast today? Been for a run at all? Tell me all about it…
See you tomorrow, where we will again Pimp the Beast!